Switch&Dim2 – an innovative dimming system
The SW&DIM2 system, developed and patented by Lunatone, enables the extended control of luminaires / operating devices without the need of DALI equipment using only commercially available push button switches (mains voltage).
Suitable for switching, dimming, changing the colour temperature of TW devices or the colour of RGB devices.
SW&DIM2 - how it works
Up to two commercially available push button switches (mains voltage) can be used, both connected directly to the operating device.
- push button/input 1 is used to control the brightness
- push button/input 2 can either be used to control channels, colour or be used as a scene switch (depending on the device type).
- tunable white luminaire control: brightness via input1 and colour temperature via input2
- the distribution of direct/indirect lighting of 2-channel devices
- colour adjustment of RGB/3-channel or RGBW/4-channel devices
Application example: restaurant
- Designer lights and push button switches should be retained
- Improvement of the ambience -> extension of the light control in regards of brightness and colour temperature
Lunatone SW&DIM2 as solution
The requirements can be implemented with a single SW&DIM2 device:
- Short key press: switch on to last brightness value / off
- Long press key 1: subtle dimming up / down
- Long press key 2: adjustment of colour temperature
- Cost-effective dimming and switching: Control of light temperature and colour without additional control unit
- Neither the number of buttons for operation, nor the number of lights / operating devices is limited
- Easy installation ideal for small island solutions
- Suitable for applications such as luminaires with integrated control
- User-friendly dimming behaviour
- User-friendly operation via several control points
SW&DIM2 operating modes
The combination of 2 inputs (2 push button switches) allows various switching options, Lunatone has prepared the following operating modes:
- designed for devices with 2 channels or CW-WW(Tunable White)
- Input SwD1 is used for switching and dimming
- Input SwD2 is used for channel allocation (eg. changing the light temperature with Tunable White or changing the distribution of direct / indirect lighting)
- designed for devices with 2 channels, default setting for Tunable White devices
- Input SwD1 to control the brightness while changing the colour temperature, the lower the dimming value, the warmer the light
- Mode with integrated automatic stairwell switch
- can be used in combination with a motion detector or a light barrier (relay contact).
- default setting for 1 channel DT6 devices
- Input SwD2 is used as scene switch (delivery state with predefined scenes, these can be changed via a DALI interface if required)
- Modus mit integriertem Treppenhausautomaten
- Geeignet für die Ansteuerung mit Relaiskontakt eines Bewegungsmelders oder einer Lichtschranke
- synchronisation: 15 seconds keystroke -> all devices switch to maximum
- the simultaneous operation of DALI and Sw&Dim2 is not possible.